USIMP maintains its relations with different public institutions and organizations to transmit opinions and suggestions to the relevant authorities by evaluating the reflection of the initiatives made for the development of university-industry collaboration and technology transfer activities in our country in line with our national interests to the practices. USIMP members have attended discussions on amendments of the new Turkish Patent Law and TUBITAK law and prepared its opinions, and contributed in formation of the TUBITAK Technology Transfer Offices TUBITAK “1513 Technology Transfer Offices Call” studies.
- Declaration of Intention to the Ministry of Science, Technology and Industry: Following the 23rd BTYK (the Supreme Council for Science and Technology) decisions held in December 2011, USIMP has made appointments with some public officials and tried to introduce itself at the national level. By preparing special information notes, committee visits are made to the Ministry of Science, Technology and Industry, the Deputy Minister, Undersecretary, General Director of Science and Technology, and Presidencies of KOSGEB and TUBITAK on 10, 2012. It has been stated that USIMP is willing to actively contribute to the studies carried out by the public on the university-industry collaboration gaining a corporate structure and a legal basis.
- Visit to the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology: The representatives of the Executive Board of USIMP and Rectors of our two University stakeholders had a meeting with Mr. Prof. Dr. Ersan ASLAN, the Undersecretary of the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology, on February 13, 2014, as a result of the appointment requested from him. The Deputy Undersecretary, the General Manager of the Science-Technology and the General Manager of Productivity have also attended the meeting. Opinions on tools that can be developed for evaluating TTOs’ patent portfolios at national level are shared. It is gladly learned that the Ministry is also planning studies in line with the same objectives.
- The Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology Public – Industry - University - Cooperation KUSI (Public-University-Industry Collaboration) Report: The USIMP Executive Council has prepared and submitted an opinion in May 2014 on “KUSI (Public-University-Industry Collaboration) Report” draft prepared upon request of the General Directorate of Science and Industry.
- Visit to the Department of IPA Programs, the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology: A visit is made on July 10, 2015 to discuss the process and conditions for the spread of EU IPA supports throughout Turkey, and information is given about the activities of USIMP.
- USIMP has taken part as a speaker at the “Basic Problems in R&D Collaborations: Solution Suggestions and Good Practice Examples Panel” at the International R&D Collaborations Summit held on May 3-5, 2017 under the aegis of the Ministry of Development, Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology.
- Innovation Scorecard and USIMP collaborations are discussed at the “KÜSI Current State and Policy Suggestions” meeting organized by the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology, Provincial Directorate of Science and Industry on November 14, 2017 in Izmir.
- USIMP has attended the “KÜSI Current State and Policy Suggestions” meeting organized by the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology on November 14, 2018, in Izmir.
- A meeting is held with Mr. Bilal Macit, the General Manager of R&D Incentives, the Ministry of Industry and Technology on use of USIMP Innovation Scorecard on April 08-09, 2019 and an assessment report prepared for all firms visited on behalf of the Ministry is submitted.
- Visit to TUBITAK Presidency: Dr. Mehmet Çelik, the Vice President of TUBITAK, is visited with participation of Prof. Dr. Hasan MANDAL for introducing the Activities of USIMP on July 28, 2015 and preliminary information about the activities of the USIMP is given and a request for performing a presentation is submitted.
- Presentation to the Vice President and Team of the TUBITAK: A presentation is made to the technical team of TEYDEB (Technology and Innovation Funding Programs Directorate) for introducing the USIMP Activities under the chairmanship of Prof. Dr. Mehmet Çelik, Vice President of TUBITAK, on August 11, 2015.
- Presentation of the Innovation Scorecard to the TEYDEB Presidency: A detailed presentation is made to the TEYDEB technical team on October 21, 2015 about the "USIMP Innovation Scorecard" tool being prepared for use by USIMP and the conditions and possibilities of using the tool at the national level under the umbrella of TUBITAK TEYDEB are discussed.
- Mentorship Mechanism Round Table Meeting: A closed-door meeting where Mentorship Mechanism is discussed with the participation of Helena Forsman is held with TUBITAK TEYDEB officials on November 6, 2015.
- Mentorship Mechanism Information Sharing Meeting: A closed-door meeting where Mentorship Mechanism is discussed with the participation of Pierre Roubaud and Christoph Meier from Switzerland Platinn firm is held with TUBITAK TEYDEB officials on 28, 2016.
- TUBITAK Meeting: A meeting on bottlenecks of the ecosystem is held with TUBITAK officials on March 3, 2016 in
- Presentation of the Innovation Scorecard to the TEYDEB Presidency: A detailed presentation is made online to the TEYDEB technical team on the “USIMP Innovation Scorecard” on December 03, 2020 and the conditions and possibilities of using the tool at the national level under the umbrella of TUBITAK TEYDEB are discussed.
- TUBITAK Presidency visit: Signed between TUBITAK-USIMP to do business, 25 May 2022.
TURKISH PATENT INSTITUTE:
- A "Model Proposal" document which can guide the studies of "Technology Transfer Offices" continuing to be established specifically in our country has been prepared.
- It has played an active role in “Extending IPR Awareness in the Universities of Turkey” projects being conducted by the Turkish Patent Institute and the European Patent Office (EPO).
- June 17-18, 2013 - University Industrial Property Policy Guide Workshop, World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and TPE in cooperation with, Istanbul
- December 2014 - Turkish Patent Institute, IPR Awareness Regional Coordinators Meeting, Ankara
- Visit to the Chairman of TPE, Turkish Patent Institute: A report summarizing the problems experienced in commercialization processes of Intellectual Property at the Universities is submitted to the Chairman of TPE at the visit made on August 24, 2016.
Small and Medium Enterprises Development Organization (KOSGEB) has been a member of USIMP in June 2013.
- At the “Planning University -Industry Technology Transfer Structures Workshop” organized in Ankara on March 14-15, 2013 within the scope of “Turkish German Technical Cooperation Supporting Economy in Anatolia Project” conducted under the KOSGEB Presidency and GIZ (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit GmbH) partnership, presentations are made by Prof. Dr. Fazilet VARDAR SUKAN on “Expectations of Universities from TTS (Technology Transfer Structures)”, Dr. A. Hamit SERBEST on “Achievements of Industries from TTS” and by Prof. Dr. Hasan MANDAL on “Status, Strategy and Policy of TTS in Turkey”.
- Participation to “Technology Transfer Structures and Clustering - Germany Business Trip” held on November 03-09, 2013 within the scope of the same Project is realized on behalf of Fraunhofer Institute and Munich Technology Center is visited on November 04 and the Bavarian State Ministry of Economic Affairs and Media, Energy and Technology and BioM Biotech Biotechnology Cluster) Cluster Development GmbH cluster is visited on November 05. On November 06, “Circular Economy Conference” organized at TRIER UNIVERSITY Birkenfeld Campus is attended. Zenit GmbH and Automotive Cluster NRW c/o agiplan GmbH is visited on November 07, TDU Berlin (Turkish German Businessmen Association) and VDI (German Association of Engineers) / VDE (German Association of Electrical Engineers) IT (Innovation and Technology Institute) are visited on November 08, and interviews are held.
- Directorate of KOSGEB, Incubation Centers Meeting: Yusuf Sezgin, the Vice President of KOSGEB is visited on October 19, 2015 to get detailed information about the "International Hatchery" call prepared by KOSGEB and to determine what can be done as USIMP.
- KOSGEB-IŞGEM (Business Incubator) Symposium: February 22-23, 2016, Istanbul
- KOSGEB- IŞGEM Meeting: The roles and positioning of different ecosystem stakeholders such as IŞGEM, TEKMER, TGBs are discussed with KOSGEB officials on March 2-3, 2016 in Ankara.
CHAMBERS OF INDUSTRY AND COMMERCE
- Visit to Ankara Chamber of Industry, the Board of Directors: On 13, 2014, Ankara Chamber of Industry, the Board of Directors is visited as the USIMP Executive Council. It is emphasized that our domestic industry is not included since the technology transfer processes are setup in our country. A presentation on necessity of priority of use to be in our domestic industry during the commercialization of technologies that will be produced at our universities with our own people and resources by TTOs is performed.
- October 19, 2020- Sweden, Switzerland, Cooperation development meeting with the France Chambers of Commerce Representatives, Online
- March 18, 2012 - IZKA Innovation Workshop, Izmir
- May 15, 2012 – IZKA Izmir Innovation Strategy Search Conference, Izmir
Southern Region Development Agency Interview: An interview is held in Denizli on February 14, 2017 on the use of the services of USIMP in the project the Southern Region Development Agency is planning to present within the scope of the Ministry of Science, Industry and Technology, Competitiveness and Innovation Sector Operational Program in IPA II Period (2014-2020).