The awards were initiated in 2012 with the intention of rewarding people who have completed their active working lives and who are already a model for those working in this field, by making significant contributions to the development of university-industry cooperation in our country, by the greatest representative of the ecosystem, USIMP.
USIMP Awards are presented as an expression of USIMP's thanks and gratitude for the “Unique support and contributions they have given to development of University-Industry Cooperation n in Turkey, their versatile visions and the new initiatives they have brought”.
USIMP Awards are given in following categories:
- Honor Award
- Outstanding Service Award
- Memorial Award
Honor Award, during their working life, in addition to their duties in the institutions and organizations to which they are members, as well as the duties they undertake by taking individual responsibility outside the institutions and organizations and the outstanding effort they show;
- In giving direction to University Industry Cooperation activities in our country at a strategic level,
- Baselining of law, finance, human resources, education, trade, measurement and evaluation related to University Industry Cooperation activities
- Establishing important supports such as venture capital, financing/funding, research centers, foundations for the creation of the University Industry Cooperation ecosystem,
- In the establishment and development of an industry-based on science and technology,
- It can be given to the citizens of the Republic of Turkey, who are living and not on active duty, who played a leading role in raising the awareness of the public on university-industry cooperation and in ensuring cultural transformation.
Outstanding Service Award, for their outstanding efforts in their duties in the institutions and organizations they belong to;
- Establishment of new UIL units, development and transformation into corporate structure of existing ones,
- Increasing the operational success of institutions and organizations by ensuring the efficient transfer of research results, knowledge and technology in universities,
- It can be given to the citizens of the Republic of Turkey, who are living and not on active duty, who have made significant contributions to raising awareness of university-industry cooperation and ensuring cultural transformation in their ecosystem and sector.
The Memorial Award can be given to deceased persons who meet the Honor Award criteria.